PUBG Update 15.1 Adds a New Mountain Bike Vehicle, Weapon Balance, and a Christmas Event Inspired by Kakao Friends Land
PUBG Update 15.1 introduces a slew of new features.
PUBG receives its latest update, which includes a slew of new features, including the Mountain Bike, a brand-new method to traverse the battlegrounds. In addition, the map rotation will be altered, with Erangel, Miramar, Vikendi, Taego, and Sanhok joining the rotation in normal matchups and Erangel, Miramar, and Taego joining the rotation in ranked matches.
The designers have decided to keep Taego in the map rotation for Season 15, stating that the community has reacted well to the new map and that it has become quite popular among the player base. Haven could not be included in the map rotation for Season 15 because the team would have had to adjust the map selection UI for regions with map selection without comprehensive testing, according to the developers.
PUBG Update 15.1 Patch Notes
New Vehicle: Mountain Bike
The mountain bike has been in high demand among the player population, and the developers have finally answered by providing a unique way for players to travel the landscape. The Mountain Bike can be found on the map's outskirts as a lootable object in its folded state.
The Mountain Bike foregoes armor and protection in favor of stealth, as the lack of an engine allows players to move across the terrain without being noticed. The player can also fire while riding the Mountain Bike, giving players plenty of opportunities to use stealth tactics.
- Maps: All maps in normal matches
- Spawned in a folded form.
- It can be folded into a rideable vehicle or kept in inventory.
- When put back into the inventory, it folds back into an item.
- The current traveling speed is not displayed due to the lack of a speedometer.
- Do not spawn in Esports Mode.
- Maximum number of passengers: One
- Maximum speed:
- Max speed without sprinting (85% Throttle): 50 km/h
- Riding with 40% or more Boost (90% Throttle): 54 km/h
- Riding with sprint tapping (100% Throttle): 62 km/h
- HP: Cannot be destroyed, including the wheels
- Item weight: 70
- Fuel consumption: None
Weapon Balance Update
- Increased horizontal and vertical recoil
- Increased ADS deviation during full-auto burst
- Lowered Care package ammo from 250 -> 200 bullets
- Increased the effective range of shotguns by several meters by increasing the damage drop-off range.
- Increased hit probability on short-range
- Increased Sawed-Off damage by 1
- Decreased Sawed-Off pellet spread
- Reduced recoil when shooting in crouch and stand
- Increased Body Damage multiplier from 1.0 to 1.05
- Increased M249 damage by 1
- Increased MG3 damage by 2
- Decreased MG3 horizontal recoil
PUBG works with KAKAO FRIENDS! to bring new content to the battlegrounds, the most famous of which is the transformation of Dinoland into KAKAO FRIENDS Land. In PUBG, you'll see a lot of KAKAO FRIENDS billboards and buildings with KAKAO FRIENDS ornaments.
A Christmas theme has also been applied to Dinaland, Castle, and Winery, as well as Christmas weather. Visit the official PUBG site, which is linked below, for a detailed overview of the Season 15 patch notes.