How To Lock My Facebook Profile: How to Lock Your Facebook Account on Android and iOS Apps and Websites
How To Lock My Facebook Profile: We'll teach you how to lock your Facebook profile on your Android or iOS device, as well as on the mobile website, in this article.
Facebook is a terrific way to socialize without having to meet up in person. We prefer to acquire all of our information about our loved ones, friends, family, and more through the social media platform, which has become a vital part of our life. This, however, means that it becomes a target for stalkers. We've all been in situations where stalkers continuously look at your page or unwelcome people download your profile images to make phony accounts, among other things.
To combat this, Facebook recently launched a new safety tool known as Facebook Profile Lock. Users can now have more control over their profiles thanks to this functionality. For individuals who want to entirely protect their profile from strangers or stalkers, this function is really useful. We'll teach you how to lock your Facebook profile on your Android or iOS device, as well as on the mobile website, in this article. So, without further ado, let's get this party started.
How does Facebook Lock Profile Works?
Profile lock is a new safety feature that Facebook has launched. Users can restrict access to their profiles to people who aren't on their friend's list using this function. Other users who are not on the user's friends list will not be able to see the profile once it has been locked. They will also be unable to download their profile and cover photos. Users will not be able to see photographs or postings, according to the business.
They also have no access to the Stories that a user has added to his profile. Additionally, the Lock Profile feature changes the status of previously shared posts from public to friends. The timeline and tag reviews are also activated.
This implies that others must ask your permission before tagging you in their posts. Furthermore, only a fraction of their About information on their profile will be available to everyone. Let's take a deeper look at how to lock your Facebook profile on different platforms now that you know how the lock your profile feature works on Facebook.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Website
If you use a desktop browser, you can also lock your profile by heading to Facebook. All you have to do now is follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Facebook account by typing facebook.com into your browser.
- To access your profile, click on it.
- The three-dot menu will appear there. Go to the Lock Profile option by tapping on it.
- A pop-up message will appear, explaining how to lock your profile and including the Lock Your Profile button at the bottom. To lock your profile, click it.
How To Lock Facebook Profile on iPhone and Android
The Facebook Android and iOS apps make it simple to protect your profile from stalkers. Here's how to lock your Facebook profile step by step:
- Open the Facebook app and select "Profile" from the drop-down menu.
- Now, next to the 'Add to Story' box, tap the three-dot menu.
- The 'Lock Profile' option can be found here. You'll be directed to the Lock Profile page if you tap on it.
- To confirm, tap the 'Lock Your Profile button. how to lock facebook profile in iPhone
Your Facebook profile has now been secured. You can also opt to unlock it by following the same methods outlined above.
How to Unlock Your Facebook Profile?
Facebook also gives you the option of unlocking your profile at any time. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- On your mobile device, go to the Facebook app, or go to facebook.com on your computer.
- To access the three-dot menu, go to your Profile section and click on the three-dot menu.
- Unlock Profile is an option you'll discover there. When you click it, a pop-up message appears. Select Unlock Profile from the drop-down menu. How to Unlock Your Facebook Profile